The 荣誉项目 at bbin信誉网站 provides students with an opportunity to participate in academic work to enrich their college experience.
- 学生将研究, 分析, 合成, communicate and share their findings from a broad range of material to faculty and peers.
- 学生 will explore leadership principles including servant leadership and goal setting and will identify leadership approaches that best match their values and goals.
- 学生 will participate in learning experiences beyond the classroom that include research, 奖学金, 服务和领导机会.
- 学生 will demonstrate an understanding of the ethical and moral obligations of academic scholarly work.
The 荣誉项目 introduces students to concepts in academic research, 奖学金, leadership and service through the HONR 200 荣誉研讨会 course. The HONR 205 独立学习 course allows students to take an area of academic interest and collaborate with faculty to create an opportunity to demonstrate academic research and share findings with the college community. The Service Project allows students to find an area where they can apply their interests and skills in a way that provides service to others.
Employers and transfer colleges look for students who are engaged and active in their education. 通过参加这个项目, 学生学习沟通, leadership and academic skills that will make them stand out among their peers. 学生 will have specific academic and service projects to refer to that demonstrate these skills. 荣誉研讨会, 独立学习 and Service Project require students to work collaboratively with others and develop academic skills beyond those in traditional classwork.
- 学生 will have HONR 200 and HONR 205 recorded on their transcripts.
- 学生 fulfilling all components of the 荣誉项目 will have the distinction recognized on their academic transcript, 毕业课程和荣誉课程帆布课程.
- 学生’ honors independent study findings will be shared with the college community on the 荣誉项目 Canvas Course.
- 学生 will have opportunities to engage in social and/or cultural academic events.
- 学生 will be invited to a lunch with the bbin信誉网站 President.
An Honors 独立学习 is a 1-3 credit hour course designed for students to fulfill the required academic research-based 独立学习 project(s) requirements of the 荣誉项目. 学生 will work closely with faculty within their research area to do academic research and produce a project related to their chosen topic. 教师是学生的支持系统.
The 独立学习 gives students the opportunity to explore interests and develop research and critical thinking skills. Those research interests can have a strong influence on future decisions and career goals.
The goal of the 荣誉服务项目 is to give students valuable real-world experience within their selected fields. 完成一项荣誉服务计划, students must volunteer at least 10 hours for a non-profit organization. While volunteering, it is recommended students keep notes to reflect upon their experiences. 在他们完成志愿者工作之后, students will write a reflection paper on their overall involvement.
The 荣誉项目 is for bbin信誉网站 students wanting to enrich their college experience by participating in additional academic and service opportunities. 荣誉课程招收新生, as well as current bbin信誉网站 students and transfer students. The 荣誉项目 application process is designed to appeal to a wide range of highly motivated students with the potential for additional success in their college careers and beyond.
- 以C或以上成绩完成HONR 200和HONR 205.
- Share HONR 205 独立学习 findings through the HONR 205 Reporting Form.
学生 interested in joining the 荣誉项目 or verifying eligibility are encouraged to contact 建议. 四城校园咨询可致电309-796-5100或 firstname.lastname@example.org. 东校区咨询可致电309-854-1709. Kristian Clayton is the 荣誉项目 Liaison and he can be reached at Claytonk@opticarecr.com.
所有感兴趣的学生应填写一份 荣誉课程申请表 and register for HONR 200 as soon as possible to allow enough time to complete all honors requirements before graduation.
注意: 学生 who are unable to complete all of the requirements for the 荣誉项目 distinction upon graduation are still welcome to participate in the HONR 200 and HONR 205 courses. 这些课程将出现在学生的大学成绩单上.